Friday, October 28, 2011

Holy Pozole!



Okay, who thought it was a good idea to make vegan pozole? Yo!

Pozole is a traditional pre-columbian stewy dish that is typical in Mexico and the southwestern part of the U.S. It generally has meat, but I found a vegetarian recipe in a Moosewood cookbook. The basic ingredients include hominy, bell peppers, garlic, onions, chipotles, delicata squash, and garlic. The recipe also calls for cheese, but because my husband doesn't eat it, I skipped it.

Anyway, after stumbling across the recipe, I thought, 'hey, that sounds pretty cool' and then spent about 2 hours making it. Granted, the recipe says it takes about an hour to make, but because I am slow (and am also constantly chasing a toddler around), it took me much longer.

All in all, my husband liked it, and I thought it was way too bell peppery. I was a little disappointed, but...whatever! No importa! It was worth a shot, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment